Monday, December 16, 2013

DIY Leather Beaded Bracelet

Merry, merry everybody!  Are the beads flying or what?!?  My name is Candie Cooper and I'll be posting project ideas over here from time to time for Jesse James Bead Co.  I always get a little nervous meeting people for the first time.  Please know how excited I am to show you some project ideas from my work table (and can you just pull up a chair and sit next to me so I'm not so nervous?).  If you're like me, you love JJBs and their playful and funky vibe they add to jewelry designs.  A million colors and surfaces--they bring the bead world to your doorstep.  Thanks, JJB for inviting me to contribute.

I don't know about you, but I've been working my fingers to the bone whipping up jewelry to sell and give lately.  That being said, do you have a few more people on your list hinting for a handmade treasure, but not a ton of time to make something?  Fret not.  Here's a project that you can whip up in minutes!

Grab some Jesse James Bead Strands, an extra pack of neutral Design Elements beads, Beadalon 1.5mm diameter Greek leather and some 10mm-12mm lobster clasps.  You'll also need some multi-purpose adhesive.
String the beads onto the leather in the desired order--I used the same order they came on the strand unless the hole was too small for the leather (this is where your Design Elements back up bead pack comes in handy because you can sub in different large-holed beads).  Make an overhand knot (see above) at the end of the leather and pull snug.
 Slide the beads to the looped end of the leather and trim leaving a couple inches of leather to work with.  Thread the end of the leather through the loop in the lobster clasp and tie in a knot.  Dot all knots with adhesive for extra security (I like to play it safe if you can't tell).  Wrap it up or drop it in a pretty gift bag and go on with your sparkly, generous, self!

Be sure to check our contest over on our Facebook page!
---
Wishing you a very happy and safe holiday from myself and the Jesse James Beads crew!

Candie Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment